2001 Kia Rio not starting

Having trouble starting my 2001 kia rio. Intermittent problem. Will start well one moment and the next time it needs to start it will take

2-3 cranks and still not start. Now I need to push on the gas pedal to keep it started at times. Very unpredictable when this happens. Have had the car in the shop 4 times in 4 weeks with no luck. They can not pinpoint the problem. Anyone else with this problem? Sorry for such vague info--have to be there to believe or understand. Thank you.
Reply to
lisah