2001 Kia Sephia alarm/keyless remote

I just got a 2001 Kia Sephia LS. It didn't come with any manuals.

When I use my keyless remote to lock the doors, then unlock the door with my key, an alarm sounds.

Is there a way to open the door with a key without the alarm sounding? We only have one keyless remote between my wife and I and one of us will be using a key.

Also, does anyone know where I can get the instruction manuals for the car and the alarm system?

Reply to
CraigInOrem

I tried Kia Tech Info and it says there are no manuals available for the

2001 Kia Sephia. I was just wondering if anyone out there who has a manual can tell me how to turn off the Alarm part of the keyless remote. If that is not possible, then I will get a second keyless remote.

Thanks.

Reply to
CraigInOrem

Try looking on

and you might find something there.

Garth

Reply to
Garth Vader

I don't think this car had keyless/alarm available. I suspect it's aftermarket. Take a trip to your local dealer and see what they say.

Reply to
hyundaitech