2002 Kia Sportage Keyless Entry Programming

I just bought a 2002 Kia Sportage, and noticed that it did not come with the instruction manual to program the keyless Entry FOB. My horn beeps really loud when I lock the doors. I want to silence the horn or make it quieter. I had test drove one other Sportage and it had a manual for this. Can I buy or get a manual from someone, somehere? Download it online? Also, it did not come with the warranty booklet on the Hankook tires and was wondering where I could get the warranty booklet, which I believe also is to be with the manuals when you buy a new Sportage. One last thing can anybody tell me if I am missing any other manuals, booklets. I have the Owners Manual, the Radio Manual, the "What Is your car telling you" booklet, and the Kia Warrenty booklet.

Reply to
johnlennon1972

Our sportage did not come (new 2001) with any of the manuals that you think are missing.

As far as I know there is no way to silence the horn. Try leaving the doors unlocked (or locked) then press your remote. One of the above should give a softer beep.

If you do find a method please let me know.

The only other alarm related info that I have is the fact there is a small push button attached to the wiring harness that plugs into the alarm.

Cheers Bill D

Reply to
Billy