2002 Rio Cinco

Engine died as I was driving on an inter state at about 65 mph no warning just died now it will not start at all ideas

modules etc??

Reply to
tom&sue

"tom&sue" wrote in news:4t%Gi.62713$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews5.bellsouth.net:

Have you changed the timing belt?

Reply to
Jeff

Yes but it is getting close to the mileage for another hmm

thanks

Reply to
tom&sue

Got a 2002 Rio as well that did not survive the same conditions. Timing belt jumped and destroyed the motor.

Warning to most if not all Kia owners: Check your timing belt tension often!

The 50k motor I got for replacing the wasted one also had a VERY loose timing belt.

-SP

Reply to
Speedy Pete