2002 Sedona EX: what's this little red light?

I have a question regarding my 2002 Kia Sedona EX. Directly below the steering wheel at the bottom of the dash panel is a tiny red light (maybe an LED). I searched the owner's manual and didn't find anything about it. What's it for???

Reply to
Celtfire

Do you have an alarm on the van?

Reply to
hyundaitech

I don't, but as a Sedona EX, it has remote electric locks. Do you think that the light might be a prewired part of an optional alarm system, as in if I wanted one installed by the dealer their job might be made easier in that some of the work had already been performed?

That makes sense, although I do find it somewhat unusual.

Reply to
Celtfire

I don't recall anything like that. I'm not at a Kia dealer anymore so I can't go look at one. Just ask the dealer next time you take it in.

Reply to
hyundaitech