2003 Kia Spectra suspension parts interchangeable with Sephia? Protege?

My friend just wrecked his 2003 Spectra, which looks a lot like the Sephias from previous years. I've heard that these first Spectras were just the older Sephias with a newer body and that the suspension dates back to the original 1994 Spectra. Also that the Sephia/Spectra suspension is the same as the 1994 and older Mazda Protege. Any truth to this?

In any case, I need to know what models I can find at my local pick-a-part to fix the Spectra. It needs the entire left side suspension replaced, including the strut/spring assembly, wheel hub and brake disk, A-Arm and left steering arm. Also the driver's side door and front fender. Can any of these be found from the older models?

Please email me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com or post here as my normal email isn't working.

Thanks, Jay

Reply to
jkarolyi