2003 Sedona

Hello, I have hired a legal firm and am in the process of returning the Sedona 2003 EX. On paper and even owning the vehicle everthing seemed too good to be true (it was). The troubles began the first day I drove the van. 1st the brakes didn't stop immediately (when driving home from the dealership) and I almost rammed the person in front of me (there is a recall on ABS brakes from KIA now) They said they fixed the problem but I still have an occasional wooing sound from the brakes.

The second day the ignition coil went and luckily I was near a KIA dealership and they were able to fix it. Still the engine light keeps coming on occasionally. The dealership in Canada said they fixed it, but the light still comes on. The Dealership said, "Oh the engine light just comes on sometimes. The engine light will come on if the fuel cap is not on tight" (my fuel cap is fine). Ironically, when I was in the service car to drop me home, while they fixed my van the engine light was on constantly in the KIA Service vehicle, go figure? There are other issues and still not resolved and I tried to cooresponding with the dealership and KIA Canada. I received an email in the summer that an area manger would get back to me. It's now November and am taking legal action.

I am very dissatisfied with my 2003 Sedona and cannot wait to get rid of it.

Reply to
Fram Sethna

Does Canada have lemon laws? Sounds like you'd have a candidate. Not that you have to, but did you give another dealship a shot at the problems?

Me? I love my 2003 Sedona EX. One of the best automotive buys I've made.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie Aycock

I'm curious. Which dealership? Our dealer ship in Burlington seems to be fine. Steve

Reply to
SDP

What a shame! I hope you manage to get some manner of resolution to your difficulties.

My '03 Sedona has been completely trouble-free, other than a couple "check engine" lights...and yes, not "clicking" the gas cap 3 or 4 times will result in the engine light coming on!

Reply to
dantomfin

I saw a news story the other night about people that are paid to get into newsgroups and chat rooms to slam or promote products. I wonder if this is one of those posts. Our Sedona has been great so far. Had a noisy power window regulator that the dealer promptly replaced but no other problems.

Since the Sedona is thousands less than the Toyota and Honda minivans and Kia is able to actually have some vans on their lot for sale unlike Toyota this van is a serious threat to them and I wouldn't put it past them to resort to such tactics.

Reply to
Joe Fugazzi

LOL!

Reply to
Kai

If Koreans make nukes like they make cars, then I think that President Bush is worrying about them for naught. 50% of them wouldn't make it to the border and of the 50% that did, 50% would go in the wrong direction and of the 50% that went in the right direction 99% would have some sort of malfunction in the first 3 minutes of flight. They would have to launch an awful lot of them to do any harm. Just a thought as I read thru the messages in this NG.

Reply to
Cass

Wrong Korea.

Reply to
Robert Henry

GOOD CATCH!

Reply to
T. D.

Cute - however I don't know of any Kia's made in N. Korea.

Kai Ponte

I've had similar problems with my sedona, clock spring replaced in the first

2000 kms, then transmission troubles, they changed the computer, some valve and finnally the transmission, we now have it back but I am not happy, I too contacted a lawyer but never went through with it...yet. Many, many, calls to kia canada, you would not beleive the amount of effort it took to get a call returned, that sounds like the standard response 'your area rep will call you back'. Ask to talk to Pierrette, she is a manager, I doubt she will do anything for you but at least she can get on to your dealers case and get him moving. I was threatening lawyers to kia canada as well as asking for my money back, they don't get too excited about those sorts of threats, its likely they hear it every day and very seldom do people go through with it. Just as an indication of how long it can take to fix a major problem, once you get them to beleive there is a problem that is, we got our van at the begginging of June, problem started in the middle of June we finnally got it back after 6 weeks at the dealer at the end of Oct. I too am most unhappy and will never buy another kia again, in fact I hate them and can't wait to get rid of this one. thank you. Greg.
Reply to
<greg>

I am not hired by anyone, I am a very dissatisfied consumer. I've tried to give the dealership an opportunity to have them reply since the middle of this summer (I think I have been more than patient). If I really was slamming a particular dealership I would have mentioned them by name and trust me they have provoked me to do so. However, I think I'm a better person than to name names. I'm just a dissatisfied consumer awaiting a conclusion to my dilemma.

Reply to
Fram Sethna