2004 Kia Optima car problems

I have a 2004 Kia Optima runs fine for a while. It acts as if it is running hot; however, the gauge temperature is reading normal. It does not indicate that the engine is hot. It will run fine on the highway, but as soon as I am in the city it appears that it is losing pressure. Therefore, I have to pull over and wait for the car to cool off.

I have replaced the hoses and thermostat. However, I am getting the same results. The car will barely move and the rpm is off the chart. Until I let it cool, off.

I was told it might be a fuel filter. Does anyone have a suggestion what could be wrong

Michael

Reply to
Michael A Bol;es

Losing pressure? Sorry, I don't understand. You mean losing power? As for the fuel filter, if that is clogged, it would be an issue at high RPM, as in highway speeds. Same for the fuel pump.

Reply to
mookie