2004 Kia Rio Question

New owner of a Rio...Last night I filled the tank...started home...the car acted sluggish and missed a little...not much power when I pressed the gas pedal ...It stalled and died when I stopped at the light...I started it again...goosed the pedal...raved it a bit....it then ran fine rest of the 30 mile drive home...Same thing happened again today...Bad gas? dirty fuel filter? (if this...where is it on the 2004?) water in the gas? Something worse? HELP! Liz

Reply to
:-)Liz

Gas does sound likely. Try one of those over the counter gas additives, most are pure alcohol, they mix with the water and get burned along with the gas. I have an 03 that ran better after spraying some fuel injector cleaner in the intake ( is was stalling but not due to the gas ) One more thing is double check that the gas cap is on tight.

Reply to
Phil

Local newspaper had an article retailers who use additives in thier gas "Toptier.com" as a list of retailers who add detergents to thier gas.

Reply to
Phil

Reply to
Devils Advocate

Well...it happened again last night... 45 miles from the house at midnight....only this time it continued to...lose power(like the automatic tranny was in neutral)...it would run for a little....lose power...coast to a stop....had to turn off engine...put in neutral/park...restart...finally limped it home(took 2 1/2 hrs!)...repeated the "trip" drive this morning taking it to the Kia dealership....they pulled the codes...slippage in the

4th whatever/torque converter issue...New tranny time! Thankfully the tranny is still under warranty(this was the SECOND!!! tranny that the Kia dealer has put into this car)...Tranny only has 10k on it... We're carless for 5 days(no trannys in stock)...Has anyone else had this car problem??? What do we need to be on the watch for now???:-(((((((((((( :-)Liz

Reply to
:-)Liz