2004 Optima's

Hello everyone. I'm thinking of buying my 1st Kia and i really like the optima. I was just wondering if anyone here has one or knows someone who does and if they are a good car or shoud i move on to something else. thanks

Reply to
Keefer 29365

Hi,

Doesn't seem as if you are getting much response!! So I thought I would slip in a brief comment or two from the UK.

I recently purchased a Magentis LE Automatic which in the USA is branded as an Optima I believe. Having previously had a Rio and been very pleased with it I went for what in this country is the top of the range. A very nice car to drive. Lots of room, nice extras without going over the top. Says the running in period is 600 miles. However, having done 1300 miles I don't consider it run in yet. It was the same with the Rio. More like 2000 miles to run in. Only then can you judge the return on mpg. I used to get 42 mpg with the Rio but at the moment barely make 30 mpg with the Magentis (2 litre). Obviously a manual car will return a little more. Kia engines seem to be manufactured with very close tolerances.

I also got a good trade in price for the Rio too from the Kia dealer but was offered a similar price as a trade in from another non-Kia dealer. So they seem to hold up fairly well in that respect.

If you have any specific questions post back and I will see what I can do.

Reply to
§meagol

"§meagol" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de:

I have the 04 Optima EX. Its a wonderful vehicle. I have only had two problems so far, one is here in Chicago, the winter was a little cold, and the rear-view mirror fell off. Took it back to the dealer, and it was replaced no problem. It does get cold here in Chicago, but not cold enough to get the head bolt heater (plug in your car in the winter time) It's moderately priced at the dealer, $50.00, but to have the dealer install it, would take 1.3 hours, and that's more then the piece costs. I did not get it, and have had no problems at all. My second problem, is during a cold night, or after sitting in the rain, the belts will squeal. as soon as it dries off, the squealing stops. I have taken it back to the dealer and was told that tension is within specs and to bring it back if it ever squeals again, and they will replace the belts.

Reply to
Eksak