2004 Optima Sportmatic hesitaion

When useing the Sportmatic shifter I found the transmission shifts smoothly and silently into the right gear,

But I get hesitaion when up shifting. I read online that the automatic tends to hestitate before upshifting when you let off the gas, and that's probably by design ???? - then you're still given an acceleration gearing for a few seconds after you start to coast. They say it's hardly noticeable unless you're looking for an excuse to take control over the gearbox. Well thats what we probably want to do. I certainly don't want that short delay in gear shifting.

Does anyone know if this can be adusted somehow. Is it a computer issue???

-NateRoman

Be ye fishers of men. You catch them - He'll clean them.

Reply to
Nate Roman via CarKB.com