2004 Sorento seat belt question

Hi all,

I just took the plunge and bought a brand new 2004 sorento EX. Now like most places here in California, they installed a starter cut off switch where you need a seperate key inserted to start the car. That's no big deal as I just keep the plastic key always inserted. But I did notice that the seat belt lamp (and chime) does not know when I have my seat belt on or off. I took a quick glance under the seat as back sa in the old days we used to disconnect the seat swich all the time. Well, needless to say I want the reminder on. Any ideas where it may be disconnected? I looked under the seat and don't see any loose cables. In fact it looks like the stereo amp is under the driver seat.

Reply to
EXinL

I believe the wire comes off the buckle and plugs in somewhere under the l/f seat. If you don't see it, just take it in to the dealer and let it be their problem.

Reply to
hyundaitech