2006 Kia Sedona Overhead DVD player

Hi I purchased an 06 kia sedona last year its the lx model. I want to have an overhead DVD player installed at circuit city but they tell me I can't get it installed becuase of the rear heater controls? Well I dont know how that could be the case because I had an 04 Seonda and had a overhead dvd player in that and that was fine.. Has anyone installed an overhead dvd player on the new 06 or 07 model?

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
Chris Ernst

Sorry I can't answer that question Chris, but as an alterative to doing the same thing in my 06 LX, I installed a portable DVD player with a dual screen setup where I could put one on each headrest. Having 2 kids, each can have their own headset and monitor for the same movie which works out nice. The player (Emerson) was like $130 (here's a link I found to the one I bought -

. Advantages:

  • Cost (of course!)
  • With more than 2 kids, I can either a) unplug the headsets and run through the DVD player speakers or b) get headphone jack splitters and one or more pairs of headphones with long cords to accomodate the kids in the 3rd row. Since the LX doesn't have the fancy stereo with built in jacks for all of the seats, this is the only solution.

The only drawbacks:

  • The cords that connect the 2 screens are too damn short and end up dangling between the seats. I made them a bit more manageable by wrapping them together with a few bits of electrical tape and adding a couple of velcro strips near the base of the seat to keep the wires from hanging free. Not perfect, but good enough for me. I could probably look around for longer replacements, but they seem proprietary.
  • The player, which plugs into the cigarette lighter of course, causes my radio reception to decline for some reason. I have the dealer looking into this next week. My solution has been to just play CDs while the kids are watching the DVD (or, as a last resort, talk to my wife ... ;-)
Reply to
Butcher

[...]

Sorry I can't answer that question Chris, but as an alterative to doing the same thing in my 06 LX, I installed a portable DVD player with a dual screen setup where I could put one on each headrest. Having 2 kids, each can have their own headset and monitor for the same movie which works out nice. The player (Emerson PDE-2722) was like $130 (here's a link I found to the one I bought).