2006 Sedona EX / Power Package

Has anyone had issues with the power sliding door on the 2006 Sedona EX? I just got my van 3 weeks ago and the left (driver side) sliding door does not open completly. When it opens it is about 5/8th open then it just stops. Almost like something is stuck. Then when I close it, it won't close on its own. I have to assist it in closing. There will be about 6 inches left to close and then it will just reopen. Just like have something stuck between the door and the frame and the door will auto reopen. Heres the goofy part. I called my local Kia service department and they transfered to their body shop. The body shop said to call back and ask for service. The service dept said to call back next week when the Service manager is in and he will take care of it. I feel I bought the right vehicle but did I buy it from the right Kia dealer?

Reply to
Jason

I have seen something about this in the owners manual UK, if the power sliding doors or power tailgate don't work properly. Put the shift lever in P. Close the sliding doors windows and fuel filler cap. Pull out the Shunt Connector on the drivers side fuse panel, and re-install after 1 minute. Open the sliding doors completely using the transmitter or Main control button on the overhead console. If they don't work after this, consult authorised Kia dealer Gordon

Reply to
Spanner

I've had some issues with the doors reopening when I attempt to close them for no apparent reason, and a few times they just beep at me when I try to close. But have not experienced the issue you're having.

By chance is one of your windows slightly rolled down? Even a hair, or maybe your gas tank door is open. It's my understanding that if one of those conditions is met then the door will not open completely.

Neil

Reply to
Neil Standley