2014 Optima 2.4L oil filter

Wife just replaced her 02 Optima with a new, 2014 with the 2.4L engine. The dealer is adamant a KIA brand OEM oil filter is a must to maintain the warranty. Anyone know if this is, in fact, true? Or a ploy by the dealer to sell up-priced parts for the car... Thanks.

zlatts

Reply to
<z

I to have a 2014 kia optima and from what I understand, any replacement part that a manufacture requires to be a factorty original part to keep the warrenty in effect must be provided by the manufacture at no cost to you

Reply to
jj