3 Engine light problems

Help! I took my 2000 Kia to Advance Auto because the check engine light came on. 3 problems: 1) PO128 coolant temp, below thermostat, regulating temp 2) P0326 Knock Sensor 1, CKT range/Perf, Bank 1 or 1 sensor, and 3) P1500, Manf Cntrl Veh.Spd., Idle Speed control, Auxiliary Imputs

Any ideas on what these mean before I head off to a mechanic?

Thanks

Reply to
abbotbkd

P0128 probably indicates a defective temperature sending unit. The gauge on your dash may still work normally, as there are usually two temp senders.

P0326 is a little more difficult. It is a generic OBD-II code as indicated by the zero preceding the actual code. The knock sensor could be defective, but if I were you I'd fix the temp sender first and then disconnect the battery to reset the computer. See if this one comes back.

P1500 is related to the VSS(vehicle speed sensor). Does your speedometer work? If not, this is why. The sending unit is probably bad and/or unplugged.

Chris

Reply to
halatos2000