96 Kia Sephia transmission problem

For the past week my 96 Kia sephia (yes the famous lemon model) has been having odd behavior problems. Everytime I make a full right turn..........the engine sputters and usually dies out. I usually then have to quickly put it in neutral and then start it up again. The thing is.....it only did it when I made right turns,.....never on left turns, or going straight, or backing up...(unless I was backing up with the wheels turned to the right) Sometimes,.. when coming out of a right turn and then the wheels are straight ahead.....I just took my foot off the gas pedal and waited like 2 seconds it would then sputter, then jolt back to normal (as if just on the brink of dying out) That was a week ago.....Now the car doesnt seem to shift right. When I start to pick up speed from a stop light........at about 2k rpm the transmission seems to drop down a level and it starts sputtering again. So after babying the gas pedal and waiting bout 2 seconds it jolts back to normal and I can pick up speed. However it does it at all speeds now even when going 45 to 55 I can feel and hear the transmission jolt down a level,...then jolting up again. Its as if the car cant seem to change gears automatically. My question is...........is this a definate trany problem or is this something else such as a sensor/emmision/electrical problem? There used to be an "overdrive light" on the dashboard along with the button on the drive stick. The O/D light hasnt been on for a long while now and the button seems useless. I do remember that when that light worked and a person were to press it while driving....I would get the same jolting movement. Will appreciate any advice Thanks

E.T.

Reply to
E.T.