99 sephia electric

The car has an odd problem. When the headlights are on the taillights come on as normal, but when the brake is pressed the outer drivers side taillight goes out. Also the drivers side licence plate light is out but its not the bulb. it seems connected to that brake light problem. The last thing is the drivers side turn signal works fine with the headlights off but when they are on you cant see it blink. It does actually blink, if you look closely you can see the second filament blinking but its way too dim to see unless you are staring at it from a foot away. I think these problems are all connected and one fix will take care of everything. Any ideas? all the problems are the drivers side.

Thanks.

Reply to
joe

Joe

Check all your bulbs especially the dual filament brake light bulbs. Sometimes when one of the filaments burn out it falls onto the one below and creates a new circuit with some strange results depending on how the car is wired. I had this happen on my BMW 318 and when I hit the brake pedal the front left parking light would come on. This could also be causing the turn signal do the fast blink. The extra resistance in the circuit can cause the turn signal relay to cycle faster than normal.

Joe Fugazzi

Reply to
Joe Fugazzi