Advice required please

Considering buying a Kia Sedona 3 - 5 years old - does anybody have any comments about this vehicle - good or bad points to look out for etc.

Thanks in advance

Smudge

Reply to
Smudge

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:16:06 +0100, Smudge donned fireproof underwear and scratched on the wall:

As you can see in other posts, if you google the NGs, I have an '02 EX. It is now at 45,000 miles.

Pros: Good torque in engine. Nice air conditioning (rear / front) Fairly high up Reclining 2nd/3rd row seats Has no problem going > 100MPH Reliable (so far) Heavy - nice to know in event of accident Does well off-roading, even for a FWD car. Rear heater.

Cons: Hardly any room behind 3rd row seats. (I usually have one ot the two stowed in the garage. Cramped legroom in driver seat even with seat all the way back. Not quite enough headroom in driver or passenger seats. Ashtray takes up too much space in panel. (My '05 Vue doesn't even have an ashtray - get a clue, Kia.) Gas mileage - should've been a V8 for this mileage (16-19MPG, mostly 80MPH freeway driving.) Brakes - need to ensure brakes are checked often because of weight of car.

HTH!!

Reply to
Perfect Reign

Smudge,

RUN AS FAST AS POSSIBLE AWAY FROM THAT KIA AUTOMOBILE!

My 2002 Kia Rio (oil changed very frequently, etc) just apparently threw three RODS into thier respective spark plugs! I Completely PAID IT OFF 18 Hours before this happened, too. It is witihin it's warranty period.

Ron, with a nice looking car that probably would make a good horse-drawn cart! and nothing more...

Reply to
news

I have a 2004 Sedona and it is a piece of garbage. It gets between 16 and 18 mpg, the interior lights sometimes come on when you open the door, sometimes not. The rear and mid vents do not blow warm air no matter how long the car warms up. The electrical system is a joke - ever hear of a car where the turn lights come on and the speakers crackle when the accessory outlets are used? - with the radio off? The rear view is very limited unless you remove the headrests from the backseats. Regarding the backseats, they are a royal pain to remove. The steering is poorly designed. At slow speed, a sharp turn pulls the wheel harder into the turn. When it rains, there is little 'feel' for the road. When trying to accelerate rapidly, the transmission feels like it is in neutral - the engine revs to about

5k, but the car slows down, You have to let off the gas completely and wait for the transmission to engage the gear again before trying to speed up. I have owned 18 different cars counting this one, and it is by far the biggest disappointment. I have no faith in it for safety or handling, and as soon as possible I am getting rid of it. The lack of quality care from the dealer certainly has not helped this, and there is no way I will ever own another kia. Total p.o.s.
Reply to
Thunder Bunny

We have an 04 EX and I can't agree with you on any of your complaints.

We have 23,000 on it, been on two 1500 mile trips, summer and winter, and it is great. It isn't the best at mileage but, if you are aware of it up front, then no big deal. I think is has a ton of power. Cruise is best I have ever driven. Wife picked it after driving the GM's, Ford, Dodge, and Toyota, this was by far the most for the money and comfortable.

Just remember, you asked a question that will give you love or hate feedback, ask the same about any of the other mini's and see what you get, especially the Dodge and Ford.

Reply to
MikeT