alarm and modular for radio

i bought a kia sedona 06 plate the other day and it does have an alarm fitted in it. its the 7 seater 2.9crdi its got the dvd player built in to the roof the reason i am telling yous all this.if you r getting one make sure its got a fm modular fittied in it.its a thing so that the dvd player plays sound through your car speakers as they are saying its not standerd so the give u two sets ov ear phones for for a car that sits five in the back and when u realise that you cant get it to work through the radio and take it back to them the want to? charge you £67 for the part s£87 labour plus the vat it works out at a stagering £180.95p for you to get sound on your dvd player through the car radio i think is total rip off if any one can help or think they can then please do but this is shocking scam for more money so mind and ask to hear the sound before you buy i this helps somebody else ?

Reply to
rightball

As far as I know we don't get the DVD in the UK anyway, I have scanned through the spec, and it doesn't even come with a full alarm system. Gordon>

Reply to
Gordoni

i don't know about the spec.but it does have an alarm fitted to this one as it went off on me the other day . and about the DVD players there must be a bundle with them fitted as the lad in the gar said this is the fourth one this week thats not got the modular fitted and thats in Edinburgh. hope this helps

Reply to
rightball via CarKB.com

Could you tell me which model of Sedona had the DVD players fitted, GS, LS or TS. It could be they are 'free issue' The first 1000 New Sedonas to be ordered come with 3-years free servicing. Gordon

Reply to
Gordoni

gordon i am sorry its took so long for the reply its a se+ . i could not tell you what the other models are

Reply to
rightball via CarKB.com

Well mate your off on the wrong track to. even in england they have Walmart..and they sell a fm modulator for 10.oo us dollars then all you had to do is add as many or little fm head phones you needed.. i would say well under 100.00 us

Reply to
Tom