Anyone here?

Just Rider and myself, the Kias run so well nobody has any problems :)

Reply to
Phil

Only when they had problems with their KIA's, or want to bitch about them.

Reply to
Vic Hyu Garcia

Does anyone use this forum?

Reply to
Travler

If you have not found this Kia forum here is the URL.

Travler

URL.http://www.kia-forums.com/kia-sorento-forum/ I have used it and it has solved a couple of problems, too! Maybe we don't have a lot of problems.

Reply to
The Usual Suspect

When there is something to post about, I will post, as I own two Kias, and my daughter has a third. Will probably work with my son soon to trade his Hyundai in for another Kia, putting four in the family. And my daughter and her Ford will also soon part company. Who knows - a five Kia family? Would that be a first?

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

== I sure would give this some real thought as I sure have not found my 03 Sorento a real quality buy. So many recalls and the being a nit picker about fixing the worthless clock when warrenty was a week past. And asking $280 to repain the door handle that started peeling. I bought a can of spray paint at PePBoys Auto for $6 masked the handle off and it's looks great.

The engine does run smooth but gas milage is very very BAD like 10 mpg to 12 mpg in the City and at best 15 mpg on highway.

Also it rides rough and I have a 1982 Bronco that rides a lot better then the Sorento.

Luckly it's the wifes Truck and has only a little over 9,000 miles.

Reply to
Travler

Noted, sir. But my wife drives an '07 Spectra, my daughter an '06. And my '04 Sedona has been an absolute peach.

And although I don't own one, I am told that both the Sedona and Optima have become pretty reliable vehicles in the last year or two.

Their learning curve has been a little longer than preferable. But I am very comfortable now with my family getting new Kias or newer used ones. Older used ones are another matter.

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

In June of 2002 I told wife she could buy any car she wanted. We shopped till I dropped (not her - she's the energizer bunny of shopping). Even took her to look at BMW's. She chose an Optima. I thought she was nuts. And, up till that moment I had always bought "American", but began seriously questioning myself as the GM/Ford/Chrysler engine was made in Country A, the transmission in Country B, assembled in Country C and taxed in Country.... USA. We bought the Optima. Bottom line, in my house KIA stands for Keeping It Affordable. The car now has 106,000 miles on it and I just put my first non-preventative maintaintanance money in it (in & output transmission sensors). I will seriously consider another KIA. And no, I do not work for KIA or any other car company.

Reply to
<z

If you wish to compare a ratty old Bronco to a sorento you have a few of your Nuts cracked or badly bruised......

Reply to
Billy Jo Bobby

Ultimately, sir, that is why my household already has three Kias and may soon go to five. The key indeed IS to keep it affordable.

In the case of my Sedona, I needed a new minivan, and even this was more than I could really afford. But it was thousands less than any other minivan and has been an absolute peach.

And with gas already astronomical, it makes no sense to spend the thousands more you would have to pay to get a Chrysler or Dodge equipped similarly to a Kia, especially when in 2008 you would (absolutely) NOT be getting a better minivan. Those new Chryslers are the paramount of ugly, and compared to Kia, Nissan, Honda and Toyota (the latter three of which are much more expensive than the former), it just isn't a competitive vehicle anymore.

As for the Spectras, my area dealer has come close to giving those away to me. They were year old new cars, with the full warranty on them. Value may always be less than money owed, but if you keep it a long time (something that will definitely be being done), it isn't an issue.

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

Like you, we keep our cars "forever". I have an arbitrary goal of 200,000 miles. That is the mileage when I even allow myself to "think" about another purchase. Then, after carefully weighing all known possibilities, I get "serious" at 250,000.

Reply to
<z

Ha!! Ha!! Thats really funny come back in 26 years and let me know how great you still think your Sorento is. That old Bronco that is still going strong today is a 1982 Ford Bronco.

Reply to
Travler

Ha!! I would like to see any Kia go 100,000 miles.

Reply to
Travler

Er ... my '04 Sedona just went over 101,000 miles, and would seem to be just getting warmed up.

Even things I would think I would have been replacing by now, like the battery, are still going strong and well. A VERY satisfying vehicle.

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt