Anyone left here?

Rather sad to see that this group seems to have gone the way of the Dodo...

Reply to
tmo1138

Yeah, I own a 2014 KIA Cadenza and just might have a question someday but it appears that my only option is to email KIA. It is not only this newsgroup but almost all of usenet is dying.

Reply to
IGot2P

My 06 Kia has never had a problem so no reason to post. However, the hyundai newsgroup is much more active and if I ever do have a question about my Kia I will post there, also.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

2012 Optima SX here. Just test drove a K900 as a loaner.. wow.

Yes indeed... Google Groups was instrumental in that. They were "AOL Wave 2".

*sigh*
Reply to
tmo1138

My 06 Kia has never had a problem so no reason to post. However, the hyundai newsgroup is much more active and if I ever do have a question about my Kia I will post there, also.

************************

Over the years, I think I've only had to ask two questions. Within our family, we now own four KIA's (ranging from 5,000 miles to 193,000 miles) & simply have no problems. For us, KIA stands for:

K eeping I t A ffordable

Reply to
<z

Have a 2013 Soul and daughter has a 2012 Rio.

Hyundai/Kia has trucks in Korea, I noticed, but apparently they're not as competitive as their cars. Or isn't there a small truck import quota?

When CONSUMER REPORTS reports the annual frequency of repairs survey, I usually trust their readers.

The Kia gets nice marks by readers, but I can't recall exactly.

Reply to
Robert Cohen

I keep hoping for activity, but ... When I asked about the fuel additive Kia uses if you don't use "top tier" gas in the 2015 Soul, I got fast answers, so there is still a helpful audience :-)

Reply to
Brian Gordon

Not much to talk about if it always runs good and never breaks.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

The only minor quibble I could dredge up on wife's 2014 Optima is UVO. Methinks it is more of operator error than anything else. We both have struggles to make it do what we think it should, yet normally simply give up. The dealer, for this one particular issue, is worthless. All I wanted was for a dealer UVO expert to spend 20 minutes with us, showing the ins & outs. The dealer doesn't have anyone on staff that is the resident expert. Hmmm...... But again, I think it is my senior citizen male brain that is the real hang-up. The car is excellent, just like our old 2002 was.

Reply to
<z

re Hyundai/Kia ?

Apparently Hyundai maintains regional office in Atlanta are.

I'll guess they're in same Atlanta office, but very possibly they are run separately.

Both are seemingly better in quality than the non-Korean makes.

One apparent bad thing is the extended warranty does not transfer to a used buyer.

I really don't know if all the other brands are similar about such.

Reply to
Robert Cohen

They do in the UK. I bought a 2008 KIA Cee'd in 2013 and the warranty was in force until a few months ago. I made use of it for a couple of things and there was no quibble. Incodentally, people always ask what Cee'd means. I had it from the Head Office over here that the CE means Community of Europe and E'D means their first European Design.

Reply to
Tinkerer