Can anybody tell me if the Rio is worth buying?

I saw how cheap the new Rios are, and I might go against all common sense to check one out soon. The Rio is less than $5900 here, and I wanted to get feedback from anyone that either owns one or knows about these cars so I could make an intelligent decision on whether to fool with them or not.

I know a good bit about cars, but these are so new that I'm amazed how cheap they can sell the Rio and still make money (and this car not be a Yugo-like fiasco).

What is included with the 100,000 mile warranty? Is it worth anything?

Thanks for any help you can give,

Barry

Jeremiah 29:11

Reply to
Barry Brown

The 10/100 warranty covers the powertrain only for the original owner. The

5/60 warranty is bumper to bumper and covers everything except "maintenance" and "wear" items.
Reply to
hyundaitech

I have an 03 Rio and have 54k miles, owned it for 20 months now, on it and have had only one problem when I first bought it, a wiring short in the wire harness that they took care of quickly. Other than that.. it has been a very reliable and economical car.

Hope that helps.

Reply to
Sijuki

I have a 2001, just turned over 100K, uses no oil and runs like a top. Have replaced the alternator which 'died' around 85K. A piece of interior molding from the window 'A' pillar broke off is the extent of my 'anguish' other than A/C now needs recharging! Original everything (manual transaxle, gaskets, clutch, brake linings, shoes, etc. etc.) with exception of the thermostat (changed by choice during radiator service), a tuneup at 60K, and the alternator mentioned above.

Reply to
Mike Frandson