CEO of First United Ethanol in AJC

Jackie Helling August 19, 2008

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution blog Opinion Talk has posted snippets of an interview with Murray Campbell, CEO of First United Ethanol.

Campbell defended biofuels on Monday at an event at Atlanta=92s Commerce Club, entitled =93Biofuels in Georgia: Fact, Fiction and Future.=94

He talked about water usage and other common concerns about biofuels.

=93Talk about water usage. =85 It takes 44 gallons to refine a gallon of gasoline. It takes three to four gallons of water to refine a gallon of ethanol, and 87 percent of the corn in this country is grown on dry land. Grant you, we grow a lot of irrigated crops down in our area, and one of the assets for our plant is the ability to grow irrigated corn. But our yield is significantly higher than the national average of corn grown dry.=94 Take a look.

ecineleuf