changing the fuel pump assembly.

Just changed the fuel pump assembly on my Kia Sportage 1996. reason was perforated pipe. At 10 years old, the removal was hard, everything was corroded & seized solid. Drilled out screw heads, then forced assembly off. Used self-tapping screws, in new holes, to secure new unit as old screw holes were rusted solid. Took an hour to work out new wiring & another hour or so to get pump working. Didn't want to work at first, seemed to have no pressure, but got it in the end !! If you try this, have a backup battery available. Took 6 hours, but garage quoted me £120, (whats that in $ ?), so I reckon I saved.....

Reply to
halifaxsteve

How much was the new pump?

Reply to
LandB

Should you have supplied the pump, the garage would have been charging you

3.5hrs. labour. (at Ontario rates)

You did what any of my techs would have done, except I imagine pre-priming the pump would have saved you some aggravation.

Reply to
Dizzy