clutch burn out 2002 kia rio ???

Has anyone else had their clutch go out on a 2001 kia rio cinco. The car was bought new, 18monts ago, at the end of the 2002 season. It has 33,000 miles on it and the clutch burned out on it. I have had standard transmission cars for 40 years and NEVER wore out a clutch. Its 900 bucks for the dealer to fix it. Not under warentee since its a wearable part. I think my clutch was defective. And am wondering if anyone else has had t his problem. If you have please email me at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com. April

29, 2004. Thanks !!!!
Reply to
oppsgal

I've not seen this issue.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Reply to
home

I have just returned my Kia Carnival to the dealer because of a clutch failure after 13,000 kms and 9 months! Is this a record? I now have to wait for nearly 2 weeks to see what Kia assess to be the problem and another few days to get the car back on the road. What chance do I have of a fair assessment of the cause of the problem?

Advice provided to me includes:

  1. Get the parts from the dealer once the clutch has been stripped and obtain an independent assessment.
  2. Obtain a stronger clutch, i.e. one that keeps the plates more firmly in contact (at the expense of more force to push the clutch pedal). I'm not sure if Kia do this.
  3. Suggest to the dealership that 13,000 kms is a "little" low for a clutch to burn out.

Comments?

Reply to
KiaLoverNot

Yes this would seem extreme, considering I have 101,000 miles on my 2001 Rio clutch unless, of course, someone has a habit of revving up the engine and then sliding his/her foot off of the side of the clutch pedal! I suppose frequent travel over steep grades could do the same damage.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Frandson