Does towing void warranty?

I an thinking about buying a Kia Sedona and I tow a popup camper (just in summer months). If I put a tow hitch/setup on the Sedona. Does it void the warranty???? Seems like it shouldnt if I follow all requirements. Any information appreciated.

Reply to
snow

Towing does not void the warranty provided you tow within the limitations and restrictions set forth by Kia for the van you get. One of the things I noticed for my wife's Sorento is that the owner's manual specifically states that any trailer over 1000 lbs must have trailer brakes.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race

In addition to the comments made by others, make ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that you stick to the severe service intervals for every maintenance required in your van.

This means if you have the dealer or a maintenance shop do the work, tell them what you are doing, and let them tell you how often you have to be back - don't overlook a thing.

If you do the work, keep receipts on everything and don't ever miss skip even a single maintenance job.

Sounds tedious, but it is what we should all be doing with all our vehicles whether we use them for towing or not.

Tom Wenndt a.k.a. Green Valley Giant

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt