Doggone it! Another basic oil change and my car is jacked up!

A couple of years ago, I had Jiffy Lube changing my oil until they jacked up my car alarm system. It took 45 bucks to straighten that out.

I thought I'd found a good place and had my second oil change. Now my car has overheated. My car has never overheated and no one has cracked my hood but those guys.

I barely made it home. One neighbor says that all sorts of problems also happened to him after these oil changes.

He says that overfilling the oil is causing my engine to overheat. Does this make sense? I'm not about to have my car towed, just to get ripped off again at some other place.

You guys saved me a bundle with the "check engine" light, I now turn the gas cap three to five clicks and haven't had a problem since. Those guys were getting ready to come up with something expensive, believe me!

It would help a lot to have some ideas as to what could be causing this sudden, out of nowhere overheating so soon after an oil change.

Reply to
The Usual Suspect

Check the cap to your cooling system expansion tank. I bet they added fluid to it and never tightened the cap.

Reply to
sea

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

Thanks! Will do.

Reply to
The Usual Suspect

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

You were right! The cap was barely attached! I'm getting some coolant, and my money back! Thanks! You don't know how easy it is to get ripped off, and I was lost at sea!

Reply to
The Usual Suspect