Emissions Control (check engine)

So, the check engine light is light up in my girlfriends 99 sportage, we went to autozone and had them run a sensor through the computer to check why the light was on and the code it returned was check the emissions control system. Any Idea why this would trigger the light or what to do? Also she had the A/C serviced about 2-3 weeks go. Dont know if that has anything to do with it

Reply to
Daniel Garrison

I know of no code with that definition. What's the code #?

Reply to
hyundaitech

We need the code the computer returned to be of any assistance. It's 5 characters and usually starts with P, such as P0104. Go back to autozone and write down the code when they get done scanning the car.

Chris

Reply to
Hal

Reply to