Haynes Manuals?

I look in the local Auto parts shop and see the famous Haynes manuals, they allow you to do some impressive amount of maintenance on your car. But there are none listed for Kia at all. Anyone happen to know why?

Kia 99 Sportage (with luggage rack & rain shields)

Reply to
David Meads

Kia is a fairly new manufacturer, they dont even have a working factory in the US right now. IM sure the reason no manuals can be found is because most of the Kia vehicles currently on the road have warranties. Compared to other manufacturers there are less Kis's on the road hence companies such as Haynes see no profit in making a manual at this time.

Reply to
Jason & Sandra

Dear David,

Haynes manuals are JUNK. I stock the Factory Workshop Manual on CD-rom. If interested, e-mail me.

Barry

Reply to
sealinc
2002 Kia sedona v-6 3.5 engine I need the electrical wiring drawings, how can I get the manual you have on a cd? I am having a hard time trying to fix an unusual electrical trouble relatated to the transmission interior harness
Reply to
bronco

I second this. For vehicles I've owned, the aftermarket manuals have been a drag. If I'd buy three of them, I _might_ find the section of the vehicle I need to know about.

I was extremely disappointed with the Popular Mechanics/Alldata disk that I bought for my '92 Ford Aerostar. It covered so many cars on one disk that the diagrams were rendered with such bad resolution as to often be worthless. Just like the books, it was long on general information that I can get anywere, and inadequate for my practical use.

These books have always been disjointed. They typically go into great detail explaining exactly how to rebuild every single engine ever used in the vehicle, as if everyone is just dying to do this. But just try to find how to change a light on your dashboard -- LOL. In general, too, my experience has been that the books, in an effort to keep inventory down, cover too many years and, thus, with inadequate detail.

At one time, I liked Haynes manuals very much. Lately, the ones I've used and looked at have been just like the others.

At the other end of the spectrum, the only way to buy the real shop manual for my Ford product was via a third party. I detest this manner of farming out data (and in electronics, parts) because that third party can be in the business of ripping off the consumer -- in the case of my Ford, the price of the book was $165, and more publications were required in order to work on the electricals.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Steinfeld