How much did you pay for your Kia Sorento???

I've been considering a 2004 Kia Sorento, however it seems that every dealer I go to here in Southern California has what I call a bad attitude (take it at "our" marked up price or get lost). I'm looking for a 2004 (or a 2005) EX with the Luxury package, Anti Lock Brakes, Rear Spoiler, Trailer hitch, any color but Red. All I have seen are $30K (for a Kia??) I might as well put another 10% in get a BMW X3. What have all you been paying for your Sorento's?? Please help...

Reply to
PC

PC schrieb:

In germany this car is netto about between 32-33.000 Euros. Different from dealer to dealer. But the BMW X5 is more expensive in germany +20k euros

\Andreas\

Reply to
Andreas Soehnel

A BMW X3 is far away from a Sorento. It's much smaller and here in Germany their are more then less no extras included.

If you compare prices you should compare the Sorento with a Mercedes ML, BMW X5 or a SUV from Lexus.

Best regards

Michael

Reply to
Michael Meier

When I bought my Sedona, also in Southern California, I found the same attitude among the dealers, so I went to an auto buying service. Autoland maintains an office at my credit union. I researched the price on kbb.com and told the buyer what I wanted to pay for the car and chosen options, if any. He found the car for my price and he took his commission out of the money paid.... No Extra Commission! Autoland.com is the website, but there are other buying services and Costco and Sam's club have their own.

Reply to
Celtfire

We purchased our 2003 Kia Sorento exactly 14 months ago. It is an EX, but does not have the Luxury package and we put an aftermarket hitch on it (much cheaper - and stronger - than the factory Kia hitch). It has all the EX options and is 2wd. Going price when we purchased it here in central Florida was $23,500.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race

I will check out Autoland. I have tried Costco before as I am a member (for a while) and they offered $100 over invoce (I think that is their standard rate). While $100 over invoice is great for a popular car, it is over priced for a non popular car (such as my Hyundai XG350L which I got $6000 off the sticker). I'm not looking for that kind of discount as SUV's in general are popular, but a reasonable trade on my

02 XG350L and maybe 5% off sticker would do it. I just can't swing that deal. I had less problems buying my Porsche Boxster (which BTW, Walters in Riverside, CA. is VERY good to deal with)!

Reply to
PC

I just bought one in MA. I think the price on paper was 30K but they gave me much more for my trade than trade in value. I got the EX 4x4 with literally every option available plus a remote start/alarm and they threw in the sidesteps at no charge. Every SUV I priced with the same options was over 40K including the BMW X3. 10-15K is a lot to save and you can't beat the warranty & roadside assistance. The dealers here were great and very competitive. Love the heated seats! Hope this helps...

Reply to
kimberly dubuque

Thanks for the info. I did not mean to say that the Kia was not as good (I have already made the decision that it is at least equal to a Ford or similar SUV, and appears to be more on the Honda level). I WILL be getting a Sorento, it's just a matter of working out the details. I am very happy with my Hyundai XG350L which has the same engine as the Sorento.

Reply to
PC

I just bought a used EX with luxury package and 2.4 petrol engine, dated june 2003 for Eur. 32K, It has run 4000 Km. Eur 32K is like $38K. I wanted to buy a new Sorento but delivery times are over a year, so I found myself a demo. I am very happy with it although it cost some $$$

Peter The Netherlands

kimberly dubuque wrote:

Reply to
peter

Sorry to hear the dealers out there won't negotiate. Much different here - Both dealers I went to were willing to go a little over invoice (much lower than sticker price.....) Hope you find one soon, Good luck!!!!

start/alarm

Reply to
kimberly dubuque

For Sorento EX loaded to the hilt with everything, 4 x 4 2003 model: $21,950.00 +tax tag and title. $2,500.00 rebate plus $4,400.00 in change discount BRAND NEW!!!(list was $29,905.00) Also back in 2002 bought a new

4x4 Sportage loaded to the hilt, list $22,500.00 in change, paid $15,600.00 plus tax tag title. KIA ALWAYS has a rebate program going on for ALL vehicles except for very first few introductory months of a new model..its a gimmick! The dealer will then not have to give ANY discount because the customer thinks they're already getting a break from the dealer. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!! The rebate is from the manufacture and not the dealer and is SEPERATE from what ever deal you can get from the dealer. You are paying FULL JACK to the dealer!!! AS a rulle of thumb here in south Florida, ALL new vehicles can be bought for at least 15% off list PLUS what ever rebate deal you can get. Don't be bully'd by dealers. You can buy a stripped RIO 5 spd for $5,495.00 ADVERTISED PRICE plus tax tag and title in south Florida. Add an automatic and air and the price goes to $11,000.00 magicly. Go figure when the full jack on auto trans. is $875.00 and air is $750.00 = $1,625.00 + $5,495.00 = $7,120.00 but try and buy one with just those two options and see what they tell you!!!...$10,000.00 to $11,000.00 bucks!!! AS a tip: Go into the dealer with a check signed and made out to the dealer for the down payment or full purchase unfolded in the clip of your pen waving it around like a flag and tell them your ready to buy NOW! DO NOT let the dealer take control of the situation. You are not interested in how much a month the payments are jus' what the total is. Be loud, brash, obnoctious and demanding!!!! If they don't talk turkey, say out loud to the salesman(while waving your check flag) "Going once, twice you're out! I'm going somewhere else to spend my $22,000.00 bucks!" and leave!! 99% of the time they will call you back on the way home...I speak from experince!!
Reply to
FlyBoyMark

Reply to
Elwood P. Suggins