kia 1996 sportage lost performance

hi have a kia sportage with a problem. the sportage when driving up a hill or up grade loses power. the sportage use to climb hills on the high way at 70-or-75 mph in 5 gear. now it boggs down and feel like its pulling 9 tons or so. the sportage on level ground feels like it doesn't reach top end and pedal to the floor in all gear except for 1st. plugs have been changed, and fuel filter,no check engine light has shown and kia shop says it not codeing any thing, so they cant find the problem. Now when i go up a hill or upgrade, must shift to 4th and all i can get is 55 mph. any one had this problem and may know whats wrong.. at a lost here.. sportage has no mis,and the kia shop cant check converter with out it codeing,going to muffler shop for that. if any one has had this problem, sure would like to know what it is.. thank you..

Reply to
randy

I have a 1995 Sportage,mine just acts like its going to stall but keeps going. BUT...your problem may be the catalytic converter. I have removed them and pounded out the ceramic with a metal rod.and put them back. Hope you are not in a place where there are air quality statures.

Reply to
onthehop