Kia Amanti

Well, I was going to ask about opinions about this model as I am getting ready to replace my 2003 Hyundai XG350.

In My Opinion the Kia Amanti is one beautiful car. I saw one the the other day in a parking lot and almost swore and be damned it was a Chrysler

300M

However, I saw another thread here in this newsgroup about the vehicle wouldn't start and no one knew how to fix it, and the dealer spread bullshit and tried to tell the owner there was nothing wrong with the vehicle. Hyundai service here in SGF Mo. has always been very good.

Anyone have any more experiences with it, good or bad, to share?

the Hyundai XG350 has been great, just drive it, keep the tires aired up, change the oil, and drive. however, they are not going to make it any longer. I would hate to get a Kia because it looks good and have a piece of overpriced dung in the driveway.

Thanks

Reply to
what

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 15:37:29 +0000, what took a five-minute break from flipping burgers to boot the etch-a-sketch and scribble out:

I don't own one but it does look nice. You might be a bit disappointed with the smallish size and the lack of power behind the weel though. I dunno.

For my money, I'd seriously consider the new Azera. It looks nice from the site. I haven't seen one yet but will check it out asap.

PerfectReign

I don't know. I've been really disappointed with the mileage on my 3.5 litre XG350. It will run like hell but not economical at all. I had a Ford Crown Vic 5.0 litre V/8 before the Hyundai and it got just as good of mileage in town as the Hyundai. It will beat the Ford on the highway but unfortunately most of my driving is in the city.

I still like the hybrid for my particular needs. Toyota Prius is great but not pleasing at all to the eye.

I'll look at the Azera. I still think that someone needs to tell Hyundai that gas in the US is going to be $5.00 a gallon before Dickie Cheney and G.W. leaves office.

Reply to
what

I have had my Amanti for almost a year now. Almost 30,000 miles and no problems. Only drawback is the poor mileage. 24 at best highway.

Reply to
Gary Davis

Tell me something. Does it have a 3.5 litre engine. I've got a feeling that the engine in my Hyundai XG350 is it's identical twin. Kind of like all the GM 3.8 litre V6's that GM makes. Kind of a Korean conspiracy. lol

Mine will jerk your neck stiff with lightning fast take-offs but milage is lousy. At 60 mph in 5th gear automatic, it turns about 2050 rpms. The wife's Buick regal turns just barely 1650 at 60 MPH. It is a lot slower on takeoff than the Hyundai but gets about 28-29 MPG on the road.

Thanks for the information.

Reply to
what

I have a hunch it is the same basic engine they used in the '02 to '05 Sedonas. Overall, it is a good, smooth, reasonably powerful engine and mated to a very good 5-speed automatic, but I will admit that mileage is not its forte.

The new '06 Sedona (which, if it doesn't hit the market soon may have to be rebadged as '07) is supposed to have a new 3.8 litre engine, which I believe is sharing technology with a similar engine by Mitsubishi. Maybe mileage will be better in that one.

Green Valley Giant

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 15:42:37 -0600, Rev. Tom Wenndt took a five-minute break from flipping burgers to boot the etch-a-sketch and scribble out:

Dunno about mileage in the Amanti, but yes, the engine is the same. Keep in mind Kia is somewhat owned by Hyundai and shares many technologies and parts.

Also, yes, my mileage in the Sedona is less than admirable. I think I get

18-20mpg. Of course, if I stopped driving to work (36 miles) at 85-90mph I'd probably improve. :)
Reply to
PerfectReign

One thing I have noticed. I have had both the '02 Sedona and the '04. The '04 gets much better mileage then the '02 did (about 3 mpg overall). Don't know if it was a revised spark box or what, but Hyundai-Kia does seem to have their eyes on improving that.

Green Valley Giant

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

yes Kia did manage to change a couple things in the older Sedona's. But lemme tell you...if you like or need to own a van, the new Sedonas seem impressive. Nice changes to interior and exterior and of course the new engine...which ironically sounds more like an American made motor than foreign...

But as far as the Amanti goes! I think it is an exremely well built car...roomy for a sedan, but the ride is unbelievably comfortable. Won't win off the line, but I would think it has more than enough power for a sedan. I have driven many doing dealer trades and such and I enjoyed the ride, the climate control and virtually no road noise.

As far as the mechanics go....have seen VERY few in the shop...little stupid stuff..nothing very extensive....I know I have read about other Amanti's having major difficulites..but that can happen with any car....but I think alot of times it depends on how much the technician and the dealership will go to help out a customer and to get the problem fixed. Some just don't deem it important enough to stop and correctly diagnose and dig for the information they need to fix the vehicle.

Reply to
Ashorttoy

Thanks for the input.

Reply to