Kia looking to assemble vehicles in Georgia

Since Hyundai/Kia has dropped the idea of a pickup truck, Kia's ne assembly plant in West Point, Georgia will instead turn out smal cars. The first vehicle that will roll off the assembly lines in 200 is Kia's Sorento, with body on frame construction well suited to pickup. What doesn't seem primed for a pickup, however, is softening market, so Kia has decided to redouble its efforts on smal cars

No details about the upcoming car were discussed, only that we shoul

expect a Spectra-sized C-segment vehicle that may be shared wit Hyundai. Hyundai CEO Kim Dong-Jin confessed to the organizatio losing its way slightly by slacking off on small, high volume car and going after larger vehicles to bolster the brand images an offerings. A return to its roots will please dealers, and the Genesi Coupe will kick off a turbocharging frenzy at Kia, which will focus o small displacement forced induction engines

View the attachments for this post at:

JLA

They better do something magical in the mpg to get customers fired up. No one is even close to what we need. Finally Chrysler has admitted that they don't have a really fuel efficient car today on the news. Duh. The idiots couldn't see the hand writing on the wall. Just what we need: a 275 hp Genesis............. what were THEY thinking?

I saw an interesting approach to the rising fuel prices and how it affects people on the news today also. They compared the price of fuel by looking at the percentage of a person's income that is spent on fuel. NJ was at 2% with NY and PA around 5%, but in the deep south and southwest it was over

10%, so that explains why some here say they don't care how high fuel goes, they are going to stick with their gas guzzlers. Of course, they couldn't trade them in if they wanted to since they dropped in resale value so much. It is an interesting way of looking at it though.

Reply to
631grant