KIA Optima V6 Belt Replacement

I have 93K miles on my 01 Optima. Time to face the facts. I need to change my timing belt. Looks hard to do. Has anyone had a belt go bad? What was the mileage. What's curious is that KIA recommends a belt change at 60K miles for everyone except CA, which can go to 105K. You know that if I'm an engineer at KIA, I'm going to be conservative. That means that the belt could probably last to 150K.

Does that mean that the 60K belt change is just a money grab by the KIA distributors? I think so.... You know that a KIA belt change could cost over $500

Any help with the mechanics of doing this job? I was also wondering if anyone knows of an on line web site for instructional help.

Reply to
termin8or