Kia Sedona Shakes

I have a question regarding my 04 kia sedona. I have had a problem the last few thousand miles when I apply the bakes going down hill and having to stop that the brake seem to polsate I had my brakes replaced and it still seems to do this. However it doesnt do it on all roadways just some. Could this be an issue with the tires not being balanced or could this be an alignment issue? Unfortantley I'm not very good with cars and thought when I got new brakes it would correct the issue but it didn't. Any feedback would be great!!!

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
chris ernst

You definitely want to get the tires looked at. Not just for balance but for uneven wear that could point to alignment (or worn parts) or radial force variation issues. I am not sure of your location, but when there is a decent amount of snow, it can become packed in the rim and throw off your balance, also. I have had to go to the car wash just to get rid of the vibration numerous times this year. Good luck.

Reply to
LandB

Specifically what did you have done when you got your brakes "replaced?" Were they front? back? pads? rotors?

I agree a longer look at tires would be good, but I'm not yet convinced you do not still have a brake problem.

Tom Wenndt

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 03:28:00 +0000, chris ernst took a five-minute break from flipping burgers to boot the etch-a-sketch and scribble out:

Unless your '04 is vastly different than my '02, you have little bumps on your roters and need new ones.

The bumps are caused by excessive heating (or so it was explained by my mech.) due to the weight of the car when braking downhill.

I had then replaced about 30K miles ago and have followed a bit more of this regiment. When braking downhill - particularly from freeway where I'm gong from 80 to 0 - I'll brake, then drop it in fourth (take the OD off), third, then finally low when I get around 30 MPH. Essentially that is like a manual, and I'm letting the engine help the brakes.

This has helped out a lot in keeping my roters from overheating, as I live in a very hilly area.

Reply to
PerfectReign

Sounds like your rotors are slightly warped. They're not too expensive so have them replaced. When you say "new brakes," I'm guessing you mean pads; which, alone, will not fix the problem.

Keep us posted!

-- Christian '02 Sedona EX

Reply to
CMM