Kia Service Manuals on CD - Any Good?

Vendors on eBay offer service manuals on CD that cover all of the Kia models for all years. The price for these CD's run from $25 to $30 (US dollars). Have any of the readers here used these manuals, and are they of any real worth?

I thank you for your response.

Reply to
Celtfire

worthless. they only break down the surface component. case in point, it does not shpw how the radio comes out, or even how to change a spark plug on a Sportage, which is a delicate procedure if you've never taken the bracket off. the manual goes for over S150. If you look at the Kia site, they have some breakdowns you can down load free, if you are going to buy the part from them. they let you look at one or two parts, but it does not go into detail or have any charts like for torquing a bolt. The parts people at my dealer usually let me see their manual, and even make copies of the page for me. After all where else are you going to buy the part.

Reply to
helix

How do you rate the manuals from the KIA site? You have to pay $10 and get a week's worth of access/downloading in HTML format. I need a manual.

Reply to
One Dollar

The kia online stuff is no different than the service manuals, which in my opinion are not worth the paper they are printed on. The manuals I got for my 97 sephia are very spartan..glaring omissions, errors in procedures, etc.

Chris

Reply to
halatos2000

I don't understand, Chilton's or Helms must wait until Kia sells its 100 millionth car worldwide. THEN they will publish a manual...

Reply to
One Dollar

Chilton's does have a manual out, sort of. it's called 2005 Aisian Service Manual. It has a section for Rio, Amante, and Sportage. It's only a few pages on each. the manual sells for $139. maybe if your local service station has a copy they might let you look at it. mostly it's specifications, doesn't go into any detail. Here's a good project for someone who has a lot of time on their hands. The one manual I saw, lost some things in the translation.

Reply to
helix