kia sorento

how much did you pay and what model and extras

Reply to
ziggy173

$22,500 plus tax, etc. for the EX model 2wd. The only options we didn't get were the luxury package and leather. Plus we installed our own hitch receiver ($105 online vs. $400 from the dealer).

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race

$400.00 US ?!? Wow!

I paid $199.00 CDN + tax for a total of $228.00 CDN for the hitch. Kia Canada, at least in Quebec, installs a "Hidden Hitch" brand class III unit with a 2" receiver.

BTW, at current exchange rates, $228.00 CDN is about $160.00 US.

To follow the original thread, I bought an EX-L unit with hitch, block heater and anti-theft for about $37,000.00 CDN.

Given it lists for $36,200 CDN before taxes, I'm happy. Invoice price is about $33,000 CDN

Reply to
Tim Lapin

Got mine, a Kia 4WD EX with the Luxe package, plus ski box (Sportrack) and

2" hidden hitch, for $38,000CDN ($23,750USD to $27,000USD depending on the going exchange rate).

Got it in May, put 16,000km (10,000 miles) on it so far, and loving every minute of it.

Ron

Reply to
TBK

Reply to
ronm

This was a concern of mine, as was the fact that the existing installed wiring was only rated for 5amps. We used the Hidden Hitch brand wiring adapter/transformer. It was only about $50 installed and has its own main power wire. We spliced into the Kia wiring plug but the only thing that does is "trigger" the solid state relays in the adapter. Our trailer lights are plenty bright and I get full voltage at the socket with my meter. If you look under the truck on the passenger's side behind the rear tire, there is a plastic cover that protects an empty space. This was the perfect place to install the adapter and extra wiring.

In the long run, I spent just over $150 + tax for the exact same thing the Kia dealer wanted for over $400.

As an added note, Kia has stated that the max towing capacity of 3500lbs on the Sorento is limited by the factory hitch. With the Hidden Hitch, the capacity increases to 5000lbs (not that we would be towing anything that heavy, but it's nice to have). If Kia starts using a different hitch, you should see the listed capacity increase in future model years.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race