Kia Sorento Lights

Hello,

I recently bought a Kia Sorento EX-L here in Montreal, Que, Canada and have recently noticed something I find a bit odd.

In Canada, Daytime Running Lights are mandatory. Usually, a company will use the hazard lights or some sort of dim setting on the main Low Beam headlights. Certainly the latter was true on my previous car, a '96 Ford Windstar.

In my Sorento's case, all low beam lights (front and tail) seem to come on, quite possibly at full strength. Is this behaviour normal?

I should point out that I don't have the "Auto" setting on my light switch stalk, nor can I find any obvious sensor on the dash in the position indicated by the manual. All I see are two plastic (screw?) covers, one at each end of the dash vents.

I should point out that at night the lights *definitely* come on at full strength, which is welcome as I can immediately see what's in front of me, even before rotating the light switch.

Many thanks in advance.

Reply to
Tim Lapin

I found the answer to my own question. :-) According to the service guy at my dealer, the Sorento uses its low beam lights (front and back) as daytime running lights.

BTW, the reason I did not ask my dealer in the first place was because I couldn't. Quebec car dealerships don't work weekends and the service center closes early on Fridays. :-(

Reply to
Tim Lapin