Kia Soul

Once again, car companies just don't get it!!!! Kia is introducing the Soul, a little Smartcar 'want to be' and it gets a whopping 30 mpg!!!!! JFA!!!! What are they thinking???? That little thing should be getting 45 mpg! Once we give all these billions to our 'Big Three' bloated car companies, they will surely respond with great cars and put all these foreign car companies out of business. At least, that what they are saying/lying to Congress about......

30 mpg!!!!
Reply to
631grant

"631grant" wrote in news:L82_k.3881$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews5.bellsouth.net:

The Soul is twice the capacity and an engine twice as large as a Smart and yet you expect it to get better mileage? It's more like a Scion xB (28 mpg rated) 'want to be'.

Reply to
Jeff

Yea, that is even a better analogy - the Xb box. Still we have to argue about the mpg. Why is that everyone here thinks 30 mpg is great when it is really only mediocre? We can do so much better if the oil companies and their lackies in Congress would let us.

When gas gets back up to $4-5 a gallon, 30 mpg won't look so good to the myopic, short sighted people. My old Civic got 42 mpg 5 years ago, for God's sake!

Reply to
631grant

_________________ I saw a photo of a production Soul and with regards to glass area the Xb looks like a HEARSE ciompared to the Kia. LOL!

-CC

Reply to
ChrisCoaster

Oh, another comment..... for your info, the Smart Car has disappointed many of its owners because it gets a lousy 35 mpg for a car that weighs 1100 pounds..................... Others are happy with 35 mpg for some very weird reason. I guess they are just stupid. Now, the diesel/hybrid version in Europe gets 80+ mpg................ I guess we are the stupid ones.

Reply to
631grant