Kia Spectra 2006 poor milage

My 06 Spectra 2.0 gets 21 mpg. It used to get 24. Any specifics to look for on this engine?

I did the usual, checked plugs, air filter, etc. No codes.

Reply to
Paul

Have you recently checked or put on new tires? Some new tires REALLY soak up gas for awhile. After some wear, it usually gets better.

Just a thought.

Reply to
GVGiant44

Well now, that is interesting. I got a new RF in May due to hitting a curb and a new LF in June due to hitting a curb. Thats about when the mileage went down. I average about 400 miles per month so the tires are still relatively new.

Reply to
Paul

Both front tires ruined by hitting curbs? In addition to new rubber, did you get the front end aligned?

Reply to
<z

No, but the tires are wearing properly and there is no drift or pull. Wheels are ok. These one ply tire walls are not very sturdy. Years ago I could run over curbs with no problem.

Reply to
Paul

Road mileage has been a big dissapointment on my 2009 KIA Spectra. Town driving, 21>23mpg Level interstate,cruise set to 70, mileage about 32mpg

My last car was a BUICK Century, V-6. Probably twice as big/heavy as the KIA. Interstate mileage, a consistent 36+mpg. Go figure.....

Reply to
Anonymous