Looking to Buy a 06 Sportage

Hi all,

Looking to buy an 06 Sportage. I've read many comments, good and bad but not all on the Sportage. What kind of MPG can we expect, reliability etc. Thanks for any comments.

Reply to
Dirk

I have one still new, 1,520 miles. V6 Automatic. The open road mileage is good. From LA to Bakersfield which I drive sometimes I managed to get 28/29. Two people in the car and I weigh 300 Lbs. That is using cruise control and staying just below 70 MPH The city isn't as good as I would like it fluctuates between 19 and 21 but LA can be a lot of idiling and 5 MPH traffic So far I really like my Sportage. Note: recently when I start it at night, if it is outside, the wndshield will fog up in one burst - it clears up quickly and doesn't repeat untill I park outside and start again. It is temp related somehow. Terry

Reply to
Terry Cano

On Fri, 19 May 2006 22:41:32 -0500, Dirk took a five-minute break from flipping burgers to boot the etch-a-sketch and scribble out:

Bought one for my mother back in March to replace her '98 Stratus. She loves it. Easy to get and out and has all the things she needs - DVD navigation, rear backup camera, V6, easy-open hatch.

All-in-all a very nice car. I actually like it slightly better than my wife's VUE. (Except her VUE has a Honda 3.5 V6, which rox!)

I only drove it once for the test drive, and I think it is a bit smallish, but for a chick car like the VUE it seems to work.

Reply to
PerfectReign