My Sedona In Sedona

Just thought I'd give a quick review of my Sedona in Sedona this past week.

My wife and I went and stayed at a condo (timeshare exchange) in Sedona, AZ this past week. We've been there three times before and love the area. Of course, with two kids and all their stuff, we chose to drive the Sedona instead of the smaller Vue.

As usual, the van handled the drive to Arizona with aplomb. We drove over I-40 and encountered in one six-hour trip - fog, blazing heat, driving rain and fabulous sun. Though the van is a bit noisy when compared to a sedan, it drove nice. The five-speed always gives me enough power to pass whatever I need and the horn is nice for getting slowpokes out of the way. :)

Since it has no DVD system built-in, I took along my Dell laptop (running SUSE 10.0) and put it on the arm rests. I then had a power converter take care of the energy and a cassette adapter pipe the sound through the speakers. Worked great!

For the second time, we took the van off-roading. Having owned a 4x4, I know what can be handled in two wheel drive, which is most everything when dry. We went way off the road into the back country to get to some fantastic trails for hiking.

As usual, we went way further than the paid 4x4 Jeep tours would ever go. Not a problem.

On the way back to Los Angeles, the van operated wonderfully at 62,000 miles. I drove through some of the hottest temps I've seen and never turned the air up past the second setting. In fact, the air got up to 125 while passing through Blythe.

Even idling behind an accident, the van didn't overheat, and the kids were comfortably asleep in their second-row captains chairs.

Though I plan to buy a truck next July, I can still recommend the van. I did have the timing belt changed at 61,000 miles and do notice the van is a bit more sprightly after the service. Go figure.

Enjoy!

Reply to
Perfect Reign

Very nice pic. I like the color of your Sedona. I try to avoid red, though, because the sun around here eats it up after a few years (though that might not be a problem if the new reds are better formulated).

Wow! 111 is the highest I've seen on the readout in mine. But, since the AC isn't currently working, that's more than enough to bake me. {:o(

-- Christian

Reply to
CMM

==== Thank's for the detailed report. Are you thinking about a Sorento for that truck? DK

Reply to
Shines

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 08:48:31 -0600, CMM took a five-minute break from flipping burgers to boot the etch-a-sketch and scribble out:

I haven't had a problem. Mine is rarely in the garage, and we only get about ten days of rain around here.

ouch!!

Reply to
PerfectReign

Nah, I'm tired of compact trucks.

I had an '87 Nissan hardbody and a '95 Jimmy. I want a mid-size truck like the silverado/sierra or a Titan.

Reply to
PerfectReign