New Owner '06 Rio5

Hello, I recently purchased a new '06 RIO5, and despite almost all highway driving and the same style of driving that used to get me 30+ MPG in a larger, heavier car, I'm getting only around 26-27mpg in my first tanks full in the new smaller, lighter Rio5.

My question is, do Kias usually have a "break in" period on their engines where I might expect the MPG to improve as I put on some more mileage?

Also, while I have your kind attention, does nayone know where I can find a radio wiring harness for the '06 Rio5? None of the local shops or even the mega stores carry it yet.

-Thanks in advance!

Kia-Ed

Reply to
Kia-Ed

Greetings,

Sorry but I can't speak for anything concerning the Rio5, but if you are looking for a radio wiring harness try

They seem to have an extensive inventory and good customer service.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

They don't seem to have ANY model-specific radio wiring harnesses. If they do, they've done a MASTERFUL job of hiding them on their web page.

Kia-Ed

Reply to
Kia-Ed

This should do the trick:

Or maybe you can find a Scosche dealer in your area:
I'm taking for granted that Kia's harnesses haven't changed on 2006 models..

Good luck. PatM

Kia-Ed wrote:

Reply to
PatM

I have a '06 Ria LX. I started getting "sticker" milage consistantly after I reached about 3500 miles FYI.

Reply to
mwrobe1

Thank you. I've been getting better mileage each of the first three tanks, so it's probably the same with me. I appreciate your post.

Kia Ed

Reply to
Kia-Ed

Reply to