New Sedona 2.9CRDi. UK

Have had the vehicle 10 days now, collected with 8 miles on clock. The dealer handed over with quarter full diesel. I filled the tank at

20miles, now done 396 since, filled up today 68 Ltr or 14.96 Gln, this equates to 26.33 MPG. I waited till the fuel warning lamp came on before filling up, so the difference is 12Ltr for the 80 Ltr tank. I now know how much diesel is in the tank when the warning lamp comes on. I have been driving carefully, and was hoping for 29 MPG, my next refill may show better result, engines a bit tight at the moment. However the Temperature Gauge is reading about 12% below normal, but it is consistent. I will need to have this checked out, in case the coolant isn't at normal temp. The windscreen wipers miss a segment about 60mm wide arcing upwards 125mm right in front of the passenger. Also when I cleaned the car yesterday I noticed a scratch on the windscreen also in front of the passenger, I know I didn't do it. The car runs very well, the brakes are very good, the steering is light and accurate. The 5 speed auto box is doing well, but I assist by dropping down manually on some of the inclines while the bearings are bedding in. The top ratio is nice and high giving about 35mph per 1000rpm, and it gets into this about 40mph, that's OK when run in, but a little high at the moment. So far in general the Sedona is a nice car. Just one more thing though, I ordered it with tow bar, but unknown to the dealer there won't be any until the end of September, apparently Kia Motors have not tested them yet, let alone produced any. Let's hope they keep their promise, I need a tow bar, and only a Kia one will do.
Reply to
Spanner

I will give more information on new thread end of September

Gordon

Reply to
Spanner

Hi -

Congrats on the new van and sharing your experience. I'm also a new Sedona owner (LX, 3.8 V6) and have encountered a few small surprises:

1) Squeaking noises coming from the rear of the vehicle; determined it to originate from the rear interior panels (covers), including the paneling below the tailgate. What I've done was to "massage" the panels into place until the squeaking went away (using the sides of the fists, perform drum roll). I did the squeak test by pressing firmly into the panel. For the tailgate panel, I pressed down on it (left, middle, right sides) almost like you would for checking the rear shock absorbers.

2) Tailgate latch was defective; it wouldn't click in place to close the tailgate properly. After the replacement was installed, the same thing happened again. I had to manually cut away the plastic sheating around the latch hook for it close properly.

3) Vibration while accelerating and turning at speeds approaching 30-40 km/h. Before and after that there's no vibration.

Well other than that, it drives very nicely, good acceleration and yes, the steptronic shifter can be fun!

Abasalma.

Spanner wrote:

Reply to
abasalma

While it isn't a Sedona I am enjoying my Hyundai Entourage very much as well. There is a forum for the Entourage and new Sedona at

Pop in and give the group a shout

Reply to
art.obrien