Oil Filters

From time to time I get people asking why Fram Oil Filters are not recommended. Saying this you have to be careful buying some other brands because they are made by Fram. Here is the web site of an oil filter test this information is based on. Under normal operating conditions Fram filters will perform adequately however in my opinion there are better choices out there with some being less costly. Check it out for yourself at:

Carl Phipps

Buy the super tech filters at wal-mart. They're made by STP, and they're very inexpensive.

Fram typically doesnt even match OE specs, they use block gaskets instead of o-rings which I've found to be prone to blowing out.

Chris

Reply to
Hal

No fram or Fram derivitaves. Best deal is Pure One. Also, the STP or Wal-Mart brand has a small outer can. Pure or Quaker State at Menards. Quaker Stat ":green" has a hybred material inside the filter for $3

Reply to
termin8or