Oil leak

My sister has a late model Kia SUV... perhaps a 2005 Sedona or something. I'm being a little vague here because she lives in a different state so I haven't seen the car. After sitting for a week or so in the garage she discovered a 2 ft diameter puddle of light green oil on the floor, about evne with the front wheel and a little to the right of center. I assume it would not use the old green coolant, so that's not it. What else could it be?

TIA

Ed

Reply to
Ed Sowell

"Ed Sowell" wrote in news:LKhsk.20160$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com:

Of course it's coolant. No other automotive fluid would be green.

Reply to
Jeff

You nailed it, Jeff. Dealer found a cracked resevoir.

So, Kia doesn't use the orange stuff?

Ed

Reply to
Ed Sowell

No, and for two reasons.

Number one, is that auto makers are having more trouble with stuff that is other colors than they were the green stuff. That GM Dex-Cool has been an absolute disaster.

But the other reason, even if this was not the case when they started doing this, is that now even the green anti-freeze is made to be compatible with all colors of anti-freeze, as well as lasting 150,000 miles.

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

Hey Ed,

I had a similar concern with my 2006 KIa Sportage and I subscribed to ALLDATAdiy.com and it has been very useful. I am handy and like to do things myself and this subscription gives me diagnosis, repair, TBSs, recalls and labor times. I hope you find it useful - it's pretty cheap considering the information comes directly from the manufacturer.

Check it out - I copied the link below for you.

Andy Deil

Reply to
Andy