Optima V6 Speed sensor-where is it

I need to replace mine, I hear its an easy swap. Does anyone know where it is and what needs to be done? I'll have to pay KIA $10 for the online manual to see if it has the info otherwise, just thought I'd check here first.

thanks

Reply to
One Dollar

"" wrote: > I need to replace mine, I hear its an easy swap. Does anyone > know where it > is and what needs to be done? I'll have to pay KIA $10 for the > online manual > to see if it has the info otherwise, just thought I'd check > here first. > > > thanks

what speed sensor are you looking for?

The vehicle speed in the transmission?

Or the Wheel Speed Sensor?

Reply to
KIAPartscom

Its the only speed sensor listed for a 2001 optima v6 under powertrain control in your catalog. I assume its the vehicle speed in the tranny somewhere.

thanks!

Reply to
One Dollar

Well there are 3 on the tranny.

An Input Speed Sensor (on tranny) (A/T) 4262039051 An Output Speed Sensor (on tranny) (A/T) 4262139052 An Gear Driven Speed Sensor (on tranny) (A/T) 4651739000

An Speed Sensor Gear Driven for Spedometer (on tranny) (M/T)

964204A000

Have you had a Dealer or a Shop look at the car and tell you exactly which sensor on the tranny has gone out.

Reply to
KIAPartscom

No, I haven't had anyone look at it. I only saw one sensor in your online parts (and other sites too) catalog. This is the sensor that was replaced before and is causing the tranny to not be able to shift into 1st and 4th at all and only 2nd and 3rd manually.

Reply to
One Dollar

Send me you vin number via email, so I can put it into my computer and see which one or two are aplicable to your car.

You can put in the part numbers on our website and it will give you a discription and price.

Email Parts DeleteThis @kiaparts.com

Reply to
KIAPartscom