price to install a/c in non-a/c Kia Rio? oem or aftermarket

Howdy,

In Dallas they're running ads for a stripped down Kia Rio for $5888. The only thing it lacks that I want is a/c.

Has anyone ever looked into putting a/c on this or any similar or older car?

15 years ago, when more cheap cars came without a/c, you often got a larger cooling system to deal with the extra load. I am willing to just watch the temp guage and call it ok. I also dont care so much about it being a factory OEM a/c button in the dash where the original ought to be, though I would prefer it. I knew a guy who retrofitted a Chrysler 300 a/c system into a VW Beetle back in the day, so I'm sure the Pimp Yo Ride people could do this. We have the technology; it can be done. Any idea on $$$?

Regards, KEL

Reply to
Keith Loyd