Sedona Belt Noise

Has anyone had problems with a belt noise on the Sedona's? I have had mine to the deal twice and it needs to back again for a belt noise that occurs when the van is started. It will last until the van heats up. Thanks,

2003 Sedona Ex Owner Waterdown, ON
Reply to
Mike Allen

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:15:19 -0400, "Mike Allen" graced us with:

37K miles - haven't had an issue. I did have a similar issue with my Maxima at around 60K miles. It was a broken bolt on the belt tensioner. (is that spelled right?)
Reply to
filesiteguy

You're lucky; ours was continual. It took 3 trips to the dealer, and each time they couldn't find anything wrong; (new belt, new tensioner...) I could tell by looking the crank pulley wasn't true, and after some support from another group member, I insisted thye replace the pulley, and it went away. Pretty bad when the customer has to be a hard ass to get it fixed, but it's gone, and no further issues with it. I think it's the multi grooved belts now in use, we have a 90 Dodge with a pulley not quite true also, and it sings to use frequently. I just tell the kids to live with it. ;)

Just my 2 cents. Mark

Reply to
pheasant

My 02 Sportage w/ 87K miles has had a belt noise since about 13k miles. Not super loud, but it went away after they replaced the belts at 30K. It came back about 3 days later. I figured it was a pulley as well, but never pursued it. They have always given me good service, but I hate the hassle and taking time off of work to get the stuff done. Also, I have had a rattling sound coming from underneath the vehicle like a loose heat shield which I haven't had checked out yet either. That also happened with my old 2000 sephia I had. They are cheap cars, that's my opinion. Mine have run good, but they aren't the best of quality. Maybe the vans and the sorentos are, but I plan on getting a Toyota Tundra once this one is paid down a little more...

Dave

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 06:22:06 -0500, "pheasant" typed in the following information:

-------------------------------------- saxtondk@1234hot;;;mail.com Remove the numbers to reply via email.

--------------------------------------

Reply to
Dave Saxton

Yes, and the dealer replaced the belt tensioner and the noise hasn't come back after about 8000 miles.

Dan

Reply to
dantomfin

Also, I have had a rattling sound coming from underneath the

Hi Dave, I took in my 1999 Sportage for that noise problem. My mechanic thought it was metal in the converter. It was a recall problem and I had to pay $250 for my share and the Kia dealer said the front of the muffler cost them about $900. Look up the recall notices for your year and make of the vehicle. Lily Mae

Reply to
Lily Mae

had the same thing on my Sportage, but only after it rained. I don't like to go to the dealer, something about their "Bankers" hours and my having to work for a living, so I went to a trusted local mechanic who has night hours.He sprayed some water on the belt, then saw and heard the problem. turns out it was "over" torqued. he put a belt meter on the belt, which measures the tension, and abjusted it to the factory spec. noise gone!

Reply to
helix